In 2015, College Services…
- Served approximately 450 College Scholars around the country.
- Visited 30 campuses to help Scholars thrive at their new schools.
- Sent 84 care packages to Scholars who were preparing for the first final exams of their college careers.
- Offered comprehensive summer and winter programs for Scholars who were home on break. Workshops covered topics such as personal finance, building a professional network, finding an internship, and building a great resume.
- Received a $100,000 grant from the Boston Foundation as part of its Success Boston – Boston Coaching for Completion program. These funds support Steppingstone’s college services program, helping Boston Public School students gain entry to college and remain in school through graduation.
- Hosted career panels where Scholars were able to learn about careers in law, medicine, and business.
- Cheered for graduating Scholars, who earned degrees from more than 50 different colleges, including Bates College, Boston College, Dartmouth College, Emory University, George Washington University, Harvard University, MIT, Smith College, UMass Amherst, the University of Southern California, and Wesleyan University.
Next up: 2015 Alumni Highlights