To cap off a wonderful week of April Vacation activities with Steppingstone, Scholars were invited to learn how to make delicious treats at SMASH! Scholars in middle and high school learned how to make banana pudding and no-bake monster cookie balls. For many, it was their first time making any type of dessert. We encourage you to try these recipes!
2 small packages of instant vanilla pudding (must be instant)
3 cups of cold milk
1 small carton of Cool Whip
2-3 bananas (still yellow)
2 boxes of vanilla wafers
1. Mix package of instant vanilla pudding mix with 3 cups of cold milk for 2 minutes.
2. Add the entire carton of Cool Whip. Stir until it is mixed.
3. Slice bananas thinly.
4. Line pan with one layer of vanilla wafers and slices of banana. Add some pudding mixture. Repeat multiple times. End with a layer of wafers and crumbs.
5. Refrigerate overnight for best taste!
No-Bake Monster Cookie Balls
Recipe adapted from The Baker Mama.
2-1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M&M candies (we used regular sized M&Ms)
* Recipe is adaptable for allergies! Scholars recommend adding dry fruits, Nutella, cereal, nuts and other types of candies!
1. In a large bowl, stir together oats, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until combined.
2. Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
3. Spray a little bit of non-stick cooking spray in the palm of your gloves and start rolling small 2 teaspoon sized balls.
4. Eat immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.